- “This event has become the main European hub of the whole smart energy landscape.”
Tomaž Orešič, Executive Director and Member of the Executive Board, EPS
- “Attending EUW was a truly enriching experience and allowed us to reaffirm the concepts and strategies currently being developed at UTE.”
Rosana Beretta, Sub Gerencia Medición y Control de Energía, UTE, Uruguay
- “Thank you for putting on such a fantastic event. We really enjoyed it.”
Tim Arkinstall, Solution Sales Manager M2M - Energy and Utilities, Vodafone, UK
- “EUW15 was represented by a gamut of players, both traditional ones who are trying to renew their strategies & business models as well as innovative new players who could disrupt existing Utility Business Models. It was an enriching experience to see a high level of energy from all participants and I think that it has set the stage for a real transformation in the Utility sector.”
Manish Godkhindi, Business Development Director, Infosys
- "I was particularly interested in energy storage and grid solutions incorporating various renewable energy sources. European Utility Week provided me with an excellent opportunity to learn about new trends in these areas, and additionally ended up with several interesting contacts and new ideas."
Marian Jezo, Technical and Commercial Consultant at THERMO/SOLAR Ziar s.r.o.
- "Great opportunity to meet so many experts from the energy business in one place. We had several good business meetings showing great potential of cooperation between Slovakia and UK."
Pavel Šimon (Slovak Association of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Industry, SAPI)
- “European Utility Week in Vienna gave us and Czech companies a great opportunity for networking with all those nice people from the smart utilities sector. Our co-exhibitors were very pleased with their new commercial relations that will certainly in the near future be beneficial to their business.“
The CzechTeam on EUW 2015
- “It was the first time for me and had the opportunity to be trained, meet new vendors and most importantly; meet our customers.”
Jean Noel Enckle, Business Development Manager, Cisco
- “Challenging times such as the ones we are living in now demand, more than ever before, for events like EUW, where the real important messages can come across all stakeholders. DSOs are playing a central role in the transformation process and are aware of the value of information exchange and engagement to bring all together towards the digital energy grids of the future.”
João Torres, CEO of EDP Distribuição and Chairman of EDSO
- “For the DSOs which have already started with both transitions, the digital and the energy one, EUW in Vienna has been a unique event in these unique times. It has also been an important moment to bring together the Smart Grid clusters in France and present their new association Think Smart Grids”
Philippe Monloubou, CEO of ERDF and chairman of Smart Grid France Association
- "Remains the “must do” event in the European power sector calendar, continuing to provide the leading forum for networking with peers from across Europe; as well as providing a platform for identifying key sector trends and the hottest new products and services from vendors big and small from across the globe to meet the needs of a sector in transformation.”
Mike Wilks, Director, Global Power & Utilities Advisory, Networks, Ernst & Young
- “European Utility Week brings together the key actors responsible for delivering on the energy transition we are all experiencing. This makes it the must attend event with great topical content and invaluable networking.”
Dr James Watson, Chief Executive Officer, SolarPower Europe
- "This is where you meet the future players of the utility industry. The focus of EUW has never felt more pertinent than in these days of disruptive transformation of the utility sector. Thanks for providing a platform for both incumbents and revolutionaries (like ourselves) to meet!"
Harald Överholm, PhD Co-founder & Director, Eneo Solutions
- “European Utility Week is a great meeting place for the industry where we can exchange news, ideas and develop new business opportunities. In an energy industry which is struggling to find its way this event has become even more important by boosting the energy level of the energy industry.”
Lilian Dale, Project Manager, Statkraft
- “A perfect week to get in touch with companies with similar challenges! Let’s meet again soon!”
Ton van Cuijk, Innovator, Enexis
- “EUW has been a good opportunity to see the panorama of the European operators involved in the Utility industry, giving us the opportunity for professional growth through the exchange of ideas and constructive meetings.”
Angelo Bovo, Technical Manager, VERITAS SPA
- “The hub sessions were an excellent venue for presenting our insights on reliable distribution system control over heterogeneous communication networks to utilities and other stakeholders, which we then followed up via demos of different and detailed discussions at our exhibition booth.”
Hans-Peter Schwefel, Scientific Director, Forschungszentrum Telekommunikation Wien
- “This EUW15 was a very energetic, dynamic and tantalizing event bringing together both practical as well as innovative solutions and real project experiences. The Conference and the Hub Session Theaters were buzzing. Very good to exchange thoughts, discuss ideas and brainstorm solutions with a wide variety of experts from utilities, network operators, vendors, consultants and system integrators. Looking forward to next year’s EUW in Barcelona.“
Bas Kruimer, Senior Manager, Accenture Smart Grid Services EALA
- “The European Utility Week is definitively consolidated as the reference European event on the field of Smart Grids. It is a unique opportunity to meet all stakeholders. If you don’t find someone there you can confirm that he/she has changed his/her job and is not any longer in the universe of the Smart Grids.” Guillermo Amann, Vice-President, T&D Europe
- “EUW gave me the opportunity to meet with international energy storage thought leaders and exchange knowledge on current development and trends”
Christian Metzger, Senior Manager Energy Systems and Storage, RWE
- "European Utility Week 2015 in Vienna was a very good occasion to get an update on the “hot” Energy Storage topics. The links to other sectors of the energy system were easy to make, since they wereall represented in the different tracks.”
Patrick Clerens, Secretary General, European Association for Energy Storage (EASE)
- “European Utility Week in Vienna was very well attended with participants representing utilities, companies, and academia from institutions around the world. The conference brings together the key actors responsible for facilitating the energy transformation we are all experiencing and enables you to get updated on the latest developments, solutions, and trends in the industry.”
Marc Matsuura, Sr. Smart Grid Program Manager, Hawaii Natural Energy Institute, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- “A real eye opener. It was quite impressive to see how much was going on in different TSO’s and DSO’s around Europe.
It’s very helpful to have one single arena were to meet with the many suppliers of services and products.”
Anna-Carolina Tortora, Head of the Department of Innovation, Research and Development for the Terna Group
- “EUW was a great event for connecting with a range of key stakeholders from across the energy value chain. Being part of the highly informative and engaging session on energy storage, it was especially promising to witness the increasing importance this technology is having for the utility industry and how it will play a key role in transforming the energy system.”
Julian Jansen, Analyst, Delta Energy & Environment
- “EUW is where the European Utilities meet annually and it’s where you can find, meet and exchange with all relevant stakeholders that are driving the energy transition in Europe”
Miguel Gaspar Silva, Industry Director, SAP
- “European Utility Week was again a really outstanding event in the wide universe of fairs and conferences. The decision to go to Vienna opened the event to interesting participation also from Eastern Europe.“
Michael Fipper, VP T&I Strategy and Head of Innovation Center Systems, E.ON SE - Technology & Innovation
- “EUW is a major event that goes far beyond the European reality. It is an unique opportunity to meet colleagues and all relevant stakeholders that are really looking for the most innovative and effective ways to drive forward the digital energy transition. An example of consistency and continuous improvement, that is always redesigning itself in order to meet the challenging needs of the Energy Community. Once again, congratulations!”
Luis Cunha, Advisor to the Board, EDP Distribuição
- “A great opportunity to unite industry and utilities of the energy sector, and also to get to know and learn about the main trends and challenges of the sector” Nuno Medeiros, Information Systems Officer / IT Security Officer , EDP Distribuição
- Good opportunity to meet with other colleagues, as “everyone is there”! Very complete representation of exhibitors!
Jose Manuel Corera Sanchez, Head of Control Systems, Iberdrola Distribución
- “EUW has been proven unique again in hearing and seeing not only latest developments in this ever faster changing utility world, but also giving the great opportunity to meet and speak so many of the big names in the industry while strolling through the exhibition or between conference presentations. Bad for those who missed it.”
Reinhard Brehmer, Managing Director, Aspern Smart City Research
- "Thank you very much for an interesting and inspiring conference."
Lauri Penttinen, Project Manager, Central Finland Energy Agency
- "The exhibition at EUW was great and offered a unique opportunity to all participants to take ideas and experiences."
Mehdi Safaei, Smart Meter Expert, Netz Niederösterreich
- ‘Trade shows and industry conferences are the most efficient method to meet with customers and clients. For that purpose, EUW is the go-to place as it offers a unique blend of intriguing and informative lectures with the vibrant floor of the tradeshow’
Fridrik Larsen, CEO, Larsen Energy Branding
- “Overwhelming technology and innovation spirit leading the way to the future energy system.”
Matthias Stifter, Scientist, Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT)
- "A unique event bringing together various stakeholders of the energy transition, enabling much needed collaboration. A rich information content on consumer /citizen engagement, smart cities, and financing climate action."
Tamas Solymosi, Leader, Mobilising Finance, Covenant of Mayors
- "The level and diversity as well as expertise and knowledge of the presenters and panelists was excellent.Right balance of subjects, people and time."
Volker Dragon, Chairman, European Association of Energy Service Companies
- “The content of the presentation, the logistic, the arrangement of the venue, the panels, everything was tremendously well structured. I got a lot out of coming for these three days and look forward attending next year.”
Charles Delalonde, Head of Digital Innovation, EDF Energy R&D UK Centre
- “EUW developed to a very vibrant place connecting people and companies via the right topics. I especially appreciated meeting the growing number of start ups , young talent and new industry players as well as companies from other industries. All being part of the future energy system.”
Dr Inken Braunschmidt, CIO, RWE, Germany
- “This year’s European Utility Week was probably the best one in terms of quality. One can see that the industry starts moving into a next stage where technology drives the future business models.”
Christian Feißt, Managing Director, Beegy GmbH, Germany
- "I experienced a fantastic event, which also provided substantial insight into the roles and responsibilities of the DSO of the future. I hope that European Utility Week will continue to provide a forum for the development of the DSO 2.0 in 2016 and beyond."
Mr Torsten Knop, Head of Regulatory Affairs Grid Tariffs, RWE, Germany
- "European Utility Week 2015 in Vienna has been a great success for m2ocity! Fantastic conference program, attracting many qualified visitors and allowing us to focus 100% on making new businesses for our company."
Camille Loth, Directeur Marketing & Communication, m2ocity, France